Sunday 13 December 2020

Slow Stitching

 After vacuuming upstairs and reorganizing the old airing cupboard it's time to sit and sew with a large cup of coffee. This is the start of my month six of a BOM Patchwork of The Crosses box. I do all the cutting and basting first,  then the inter locking repetitive blocks before the larger more individual blocks. 

All the Christmas decorations are out and the cards posted. The weather is wet and windy, very grey, so I will need the lights on all day. It does mean I will not be standing on the touchline cheering on my grandson today at his football match. 



7 comments:

  1. I wish I had done my connecting blocks as I went. Doing the fun bits first means that now I'm left with many hours of somewhat boring borders. I can't decide what to use for my plain (where you are using white), so I'm rather stuck. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand stitching brightens even the darkest day... enjoy your block making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so neat and organized there's nothing nicer than crafting away while the weather is dark and gloomy outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project. It is cold and gloomy and a little drizzly here too. Lights are definitely needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of prep work. Envious on having the decorations out and the cards posted. I should probably get working on the cards.... so they can go out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a really interesting project. I'll enjoy watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brief hello - not sure how I found you but very glad that I have done so. Your paper piecing is gorgeous and very inspirational.
    My own box of hexagons lies half-forgotten in a corner and deserve more attention :-)

    ReplyDelete