Saturday morning, just before 10am. the weather is grotty, raining and overcast. So as usual my excuse for the poor photos is bad lighting.
I managed to finish hand sewing the binding on the two place mats. The colours are more vibrant in real life, I enjoyed the simple leaf quilting with Finca no 5 variegated thread. It shows up better in good light.
I also used the leaf print to back the Halloween project from last week, to make it reversible.
Sunday, 1 November 2015
I actually finished this on Friday, ready for my grandsons' party on Saturday. It was a printed panel I found in Bury St Edmunds in September. I decided, because I had left it so late, just to quilt the mock blocks. I used Insulbrite for the batting and a autumn leaf print for the backing.