Sunday 18 November 2018

Friday Night With Friends

Well I did baste a lot of hexies for the outer ring of my first rosette from the Millefiore quilt. I can not find my camera, it is in the house I'm sure.
So just a very, very blurred photo from my ipad.
Earlier this year I was lucky enough to take a class with Shirley Bloomfield at a Traditional Quilters weekend retreat. We started a Robin Wreath needle turn applique. I have worked on it over the summer and now it is ready for quilting.
Again very blurred, although it looked fine on the ipad.
Shirley was an excellent teacher, very positive and encouraging.

Now I have time ( just back from my allotment) to see what everyone else was sewing, then I must find my camera.
A big thank you to Wendy at Sugarlane Designs for hosting a lovely time to sew with others around the world.

9 comments:

  1. I do admire you doing the millefiori quilt.... really striking and a lot of work and I think your Christmas wreath is so lovely...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alcea beautiful work my friend,love your hexies and wow your wreath is stunning,well done,i am also your newest follower,hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas wreath looks great and I always love to see a bit of EPP. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, I love the robin and wreath. Happy stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty wreath with red robin. I bet he took so time to do, as that is the nature of turned applique, but it's worth it. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is gorgeous - have fun with the quilting :-) Exciting to be starting a new project - especially as one as beautiful as the Millefiori!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that lovely wreath and sweet Robin....beautiful! Very nice hexie flower too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, I have not seen a post from you in awhile...i see you are doing lovely work.

    ReplyDelete