Sunday 4 August 2013

August Get Your Hex On

I love this months block that Margaret has chosen, I don't know how to link but there is a tutorial on The Sewing Chick's blog for the block.http://www.thesewingchick.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-tutorial-log-cabin-hexagon-block.html
I have wanted to try this block since I first saw it but thought it was trickier than it turned out to be. It has proved harder to turn the hexagon to the right angle.
I do hope Margaret likes it.
I listened to the cricket from Old Trafford whilst sewing but I think there will be limited play or none at all tomorrow.
My dear husband has just said he will show me tomorrow how to rotate the image to the correct angle.


5 comments:

  1. I love it too! Good job! To link - just highlight the words you want to use for the link and click on the little icon when you are writing your post that says "www" and is underlined. Then paste a copy of the url you want to link to. Easy Peasy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually it says "link" in the box and is underlined. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty block; sort of like a pineapple hexie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see lots of bicycle fabrics in your hex - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Hexie. My favourite block!

    ReplyDelete